• Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
• Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
• Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
• Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
• Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
• Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
• Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
• Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
• Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
• Extensive experience working within AWS and with its managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, etc)
• Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
• Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
• Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
• Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls, and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
• Configuration Management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt)
• Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
• AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS
• Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
• Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Dockerfiles and Helm
• Continuous Integration setup and administration
• Release Engineering: deployment pipelines; continuous deployment
• Open-source Monitoring experience (Sensu preferred)
• Database administration of Postgresql or similar
• Management of growing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack
• Infrastructure automation experience (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
• Experience with templating frameworks like Terraform, Cloudformation, or Resource Template Manager
• Experience managing a large RDBMS like MSSQL or MySQL
• A relentless security-first mindset. You think like an attacker
SINEGY TEAM is looking for extra hands to assist in automating, deploying, maintaining, and managing AWS cloud-based infrastructure to ensure availability, resiliency, performance, scalability, and security of all systems. Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing department in all areas.
Up for the game?
Once you’ve fired out your application online, our team will review your application. We appreciate your patience in a fair and timely review process.
Should you be shortlisted for the role, TEAM SINEGY will send you an invitation via email for a digital interview. In the meantime, please stay safe.