MAICA LAMINATES SDN. BHD.
Maica provides manufacturing support for high pressure decorative laminates and compact laminates. We are highly supportive of our customer. We select the finest raw materials, coupling them with our R&D technology and manufacture our laminates according to EN438. Our customers can be sure of Maica’s 1 Brand 1 Quality products worldwide.
OVERALL SCOPE OF WORK
The primary purpose of Industrial Engineer is to find ways to eliminate wastefulness in business processes. They confirm efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or provide a service. Responsible for analyzing, verifying, and confirming manufacturing and business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time, reduce the work-in-process, improve fill-rates, and improve process flow and efficiency. Identifying, justifying, launching, and measuring plant improvement projects with regards to material handling systems, facilities improvement, ergonomic design, productivity & throughput, production methods & procedures, systems development & implementation. Generally the IE job description focuses on the verifying, analysis & confirming of business production systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing & confirming labor standards and the productivity monitoring system for the manufacturing facilities.
- Analyzes, verify and confirm manufacturing and/or business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time, eliminate non-valued added, reduce work in process and improve fill rates.
- Completes capacity analysis for headcount, equipment and space requirements using sophisticated formula and Excel programs.
- Optimize current processes within the distribution-order fulfillment centers through the development and implementation of improved procedures, systems, equipment & method.
- Participates as a core member in cross-functional teams to quickly troubleshoot and eliminate product delivery issues.
- Verifying & confirming process documents are up to date, tally with shop floor practice
- Ensuring operation cost running is as low as possible
- Assist in maximizing production capacity, increase productivity and minimize cost.
- Verifying & confirming technical design team, which drive higher yielding, lower cost, more manufacturable products.
- Work with Management, internal customers & cross functional team to raise production standards.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency
- Perform time and motion analysis for productivity improvement initiatives.
- Enact control procedures to resolve problems or minimize costs
- Support project industrial engineering manager in the preparation of all required reports on monthly as well as weekly basis
- Evaluate and carry out investigation on discrepancies for all actual vs planned industrial procedures and keep track of all data; ensure integrity of results.
- Formulate, designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting relevant data/information.
- Getting information - Documenting/Recording information - Analyzing data or information - Processing Information - Making decisions and Solving Problems
- Interacting with computers -- Using computer system & software to develop simple program, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing Work
- Thinking creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications & ideas.
- Training and Teaching others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Estimating the quantifiable characteristics of events or information – examples estimating or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Coordinating the work and activities of others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Developing and building teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Confer with own department/cross functional team and management personnel regarding manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Provide consultation and advice to others -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or others on IE related topics.