1. Set up and operate 5-axis CNC milling machines according to procedures, programs and engineering drawings to manufacture machined parts efficiently and to specifications.
2. Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed.
3. Responsible in CNC machine setup for junior level CNC Machinists to help eliminate non-conformance and machine down time.
4. Identify root causes and corrective action to resolve production process and quality issues.
5. Use prescribed procedures to inspect parts produced to assure compliance with specifications and quality requirements that will eliminate defects, scrap and rework.
6. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition on a daily basis, report defective machine, equipment, materials and/ or faulty operations to supervisor.
7. Provide training and guidance for junior level CNC Machinists to complete their job efficiently.
8. Perform cutter adjustments either by tool offset, geometry offset or physical sizing of boring bars at the machine.
9. Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
10. Perform in-process quality check on partially finished and finished parts using designated measuring equipment and devices such as calipers, micrometers, height gauge, thread gauge, pin gauge, vision measuring machine and other measuring equipment to ensure compliance with specifications.
11. Update and communicate the production output status for the shift to supervisor.
Installation of machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
12. Communicate effectively with CAM engineers, supervisors and/or other CNC machinists during problem resolution and instructions.
1. Certificate in Precision Machining Technology level 3 or Diploma in Manufacturing Technology; or 3 to 5 years of related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Extensive knowledge of functioning, setting up and operating of the 5-axis CNC machines.
3. Good understanding of Geometrical Dimensional Tolerances.
4. Good in mathematical skills.
5. Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings.
6. Skills in recognizing improper functioning of machine and/or cutting actions of tools.
7. Capable to use common measuring equipment.