Create, automate when beneficial, and execute test plans and test scripts for accurately testing and debugging designated software and verify that SDLC standards and procedures are followed while developing it.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend and participate in project-level reviews, walkthrough and inspection
- Conduct requirement and test plan review
- Develop and execute manual test plans for low complex application
- Identify automation opportunities of exiting test plans, automate and execute them and report results
- Generate test data and recognize test environment preparation needs
- Provide timeline information about quality assurance and control tasks
- Autonomously participate in project and ensure timely project delivery. Be responsible for a smaller piece of a large project.
- Communicate quality assurance and control processes to all team members
- Collect and publish quality metric data for project
- Develop recommendations on how to improve the overall quality and reliability of products and services thought the solutions development life cycle
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100?herence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.