Responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
Include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Communicate with product and engineering teams, as well as business stakeholders and executive leadership
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create component and layout that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices