- Develop, implement, and administer global import & export compliance programs, including regional export compliance programs.
- Work with cross functional team to ensure compliance with import & export control laws.
- Responsible for resolving customs matters and inquiries. Identify regional customs compliance and cost saving opportunities, and proactively work with the countries to implement these opportunities.
- Implement customs policy, procedures and internal controls in the region.
Support Risk Assessments and oversee corrective action plans related to customs for the region.
- Monitor, interpret and report country/regional regulatory changes and their impact to the company.
- Provide support for Plan of Record, Priorities and Strategies.
- Handling of various Department and company related Projects from time to time.
- Analyze and determine import/export product harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) classification.
- Determine Export Control Classification Numbers and Export Licensing requirements for US exports.
- Interact with service providers, regulators and internal business to facilitate import entry clearance or export filing.
- Respond to compliance concerns and critical service issues as they occur.
- Review transactions for boycott language and compliance holds.
- Support identification, qualification, implementation and operation of strategic cost savings initiatives such as foreign trade zones, duty drawback, and free trade agreements.
- Review and audit import/export filings to ensure declarations are timely, accurate and complete.
- Review and update all internal procedures consistent with business practices and Customs regulations. Interact with and provide assistance to internal and external customers.
- Recommend ongoing improvements to import/export procedures and trade management systems to enhance efficiency, compliance and cost savings.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and recordkeeping, systems, and reporting requirements.
- Interpret and apply international trade rules and regulations.
- Research, document, and review international trade advice.
- Support integration of Dell acquired companies’ trade compliance programs.
- Proactively manage the third party relationships and associated agreements.
- Participate in and support quarterly business reviews with customs brokers.
- Provide analytical support and reporting for different aspects of the supply chain and trade compliance performance.
- Drive standardization of import/export processes and internal control procedures.
- This position is for night shift
- Degree in any fields.
- 1 - 2 years in direct import and/or export compliance experience in a major corporation & service company would be an added advantages.
- Demonstrated skills in resolving compliance/business requirements.
- The ability to work independently from broad guidelines and perform under detailed instruction on specific initiatives and long-term strategic objectives.
- Strong computer skills (emphasis on Microsoft Office programs) is required.
- Fluency in English language is required, additional fluency in one or more local non-English language(s) is preferred
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Apply at : https://my.jora.com/job/Specialist-631fd381303a358d923215f9af04d197?from_url=https://my.jora.com/j?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi--t6Jbn6QIVRaWWCh2EdgMjEAAYASAAEgLWWvD_BwE&l=George+Town,+Penang&p=9&q=&surl=0&tk=ACsms2pNkuGTl98zoC2l-iKRn_Vwep2ZwQbIUf4um&utm_campaign=dynamic&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&sl=George+Town,+Penang/_srt=88b66b72-dbe0-4a37-84e6-235e4ea714e5&sp=serp&sponsored=false&sq=&sr=87&tk=ACsms2pNkuGTl98zoC2l-IKE1LBQbWW9nQJx5n4Sg